Polish Crêpes - Naleśniki
We make naleśniki at least once a week in our home. They are simple, and insanely quick to make. We tweaked our traditional recipe by adding in Winiary's vanilla pudding... end result? The most fluffiest naleśniki we have ever made.
We've filled ours with Łowicz’s blackcurrant jam, and decorated with with whipped cream and dusting of powdered sugar.
If you give them a try, let us know your thoughts. We hope that you love them as much as we do!
Makes about 8-10 naleśniki
For the batter
- 500 ml of milk
- 4 eggs
- 6 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
- 2 packets of Winiary vanilla pudding
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- pinch of salt
For the filling
- Use your favourite jam! We love Łowicz jams, and used the blackcurrant jam for the naleśniki in this recipe.
- Medium sized bowl
- Measuring cup
- Non-stick skillet
1. Combine all dry ingredients - flour, vanilla pudding packets, and salt in a bowl.
2. Beat in four eggs and pour in 500 ml of milk into the dry ingredients.
3. Whisk everything together, making sure to whisk out any clumps in the batter.
4. Let the batter rest for 20-25 minutes before beginning to fry naleśniki on an oiled up non-stick skillet.
5. Make sure your skillet is well heated. Pour in a ladle of batter, ensuring that the batter is evenly spread on the skillet. Fry on medium heat for 45 - 50 seconds. Flip onto the other side, and fry for another 20-25 seconds until slightly golden.